9303753286127016 An element X reads with dilute H 2 ​ SO 4 ​ as well as with NaOH produce salt and H 2 ​ (g). Hence, It may be concluded that: (I) X is an electropositive element. (II) Oxide of X is basic in nature. (Ill) Oxide of X is acidic in nature. (IV) X is an electronegative element. A I, II, III B IV, I, III C III, IV, I D II,III,IV

An element X reads with dilute H 2 ​ SO 4 ​ as well as with NaOH produce salt and H 2 ​ (g). Hence, It may be concluded that: (I) X is an electropositive element. (II) Oxide of X is basic in nature. (Ill) Oxide of X is acidic in nature. (IV) X is an electronegative element. A I, II, III B IV, I, III C III, IV, I D II,III,IV

 Question

Bookmark

An element X reads with dilute  as well as with  produce salt and . Hence, It may be concluded that:
(I) X is an electropositive element.
(II) Oxide of X is basic in nature.
(Ill) Oxide of X is acidic in nature.
(IV) X is an electronegative element. 

A

I, II, III

B

IV, I, III

C

III, IV, I

D

II,III,IV

Hard
Solution
verified
Verified by  GMS
Correct option is A)

As X reacts with Acid, it's a metal hence X is an electropositive element. Hence (I) is correct.
X reacts with a base as well.
There are some metals, like Zn and Al, that react with bases too.
Oxides of such metals are amphoteric, which means they can react with both acids and bases.
These oxides are basic as well as acidic in nature.
Hence, (II) and (III) are also correct.
As no such electronegative element, non-metal shows these properties.
Hence (IV) is incorrect.

Balkishan Agrawal

At the helm of GMS Learning is Principal Balkishan Agrawal, a dedicated and experienced educationist. Under his able guidance, our school has flourished academically and has achieved remarkable milestones in various fields. Principal Agrawal’s vision for the school is centered on providing a nurturing environment where every student can thrive, learn, and grow.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post